Most frequent questions and answers
- For people on their startup journey, who are looking for the right connections and support to take them to the next level.
- For driven individuals who want to get to know the startup community, and have a bucket full of awesome ideas, ready start executing them.
- For organisations that support startups and entrepreneurs, and want to start collaborating with other organisations
No. Tribe is for everyone, no matter where you are from. Finnish people are also definitely very welcome!
No. Although most people attracted to Tribe tend to be from their mid twenties to mid thirties, Tribe is absolutely welcoming everyone, no matter your age.
- We have a lot of activities that anyone can join! But if you want to get involved on a bit of a deeper level, here a few suggestions:
- People on their startup journey can join our various events, programs or mentoring services. Just contact our Community Lead (or any of us) and we will get you connected!
- Driven individuals can join through Tribe Fellowship program. It is the fastest way for people who are interested to get involved and develop their networks.As a Tribe Fellow you will have the opportunity to take on leading roles in the projects and events organised by the Tribe and their partners. If you want to take on an even a bit bigger role in day to day operations, you can also contact us to become a Tribe intern!
- For entrepreneurial communities we organize regular round table meetings, where we come together, share updates and come up with new initiatives to make the startup community thrive! Your organisation can become our community partner to get invitation to round table meetings, and maintain regular communication and collaboration with us! Contact our Community Lead for more information.
Tribe is an inclusive community and that is why we want to use English as our main working language, so everyone can understand what is going on.
Tribe is a non-profit association (RY) and it’s mostly funded by public funds (City of Tampere). We are also building partnerships with other organizations for different projects, so if you are interested in collaborating with us, please contact our COO.
Tribe has five part-time employees: COO, Community Lead, Marketing Lead, Caretaker and a Project Coordinator. On top of that we have some awesome people working at Tribe, who are part of our operational team and contributing in regular Tribe activities. See more info on our About page.
- INCLUSIVENESS: We don’t care who you are, where you’re from, or what you did!
- TEAM SPIRIT: Take responsibility and trust others!
- TAKE ACTION: Just test it!
- GROWTH MINDSET: Take the extra step!
About the space
We are located at the 5th floor of Platform6 Startup House in Tampere. The address is Åkerlundinkatu 8.
Platform6 is a Startup House in Tampere opened in October 2020. It is The home for early stage startups with high growth potential and global ambition. Platform6 offers affordable office spaces with community, services, networks and services for its residents and members.
- Platform6 is a building that accommodates startups, organisations helping startups and service providers for startups. Platform6 also offers services, discounts, and mebership benefits to help the startups grow.
- Tribe Tampere is the community operator of Platform6, meaning that Tribe is responsible for helping the community of the house be active, engaged, open, and collaborative. In Platform6 Tribe Tampere manages the 5th floor event and community space, making sure the residents and members have a place to hang out, mingle, attend events and activities, get coffee and have lunch.
- Not at all. Tribe also acts as a forum for new ideas to develop the startup ecosystem in Tampere, as well as operates as a gateway for newcomers into the ecosystem. For this purpose there is the Tribe Fellowship program, that enables active individuals to take part in the startup scene of Platform6, and find meaningful projects and networks.
- Tribe also operates to develop the whole startup ecosystem in Tampere. Our mission is to unite the actors inside the startup ecosystem, and for that purpose we have for example regular Tribe round table meetings where we seek to get all of the entrepreneurial communities of the region come together.
Platform6 has a designated community operator (that’s us) to keep the community active and engaged! But that’s not all. Platform6 is solely focused on helping early stage startups. Startups need a lot more than just an office and fast internet. They need a home offering everything the teams need in order to quickly scale and grow their business. Platform6 is an environment that supports all stages from ideation to international expansion. Platform6 facilitates access to investment/funding, mentors, strategic partners, top talent and potential customers.
The 5th floor is open to visitors Mon-Fri 9-17. Outside of those hours, everyone who has a key to the building can access; mainly Platform6 members and Tribe Fellows. We also have open events on the 5th floor, and when we do, everyone is of coursewelcome!
Have coffee, warm up your lunch, chat with people of the house, use our hot desk area for working, use our Framery booths for calls, use our meeting room for meetings, come to our events, arrange entrepreneurial events, play board games and PS4.
1st floor of Platform6 is an open space, where you can access as a guest of any house member.
- 2nd floor of Platform6 is reserved for startup teams and service providers. The floor has hot desks and fixed desks for startups to rent, and it also has an incubation area for very early stage startups.
- 3rd and 4th floor have private offices and meeting rooms for resident startups.
Our Caretaker will take care of your physical and emotional needs. Get to know our team on our about page.