Apply for Event & Project Lead @Tribe
About Tribe Tampere: www.tribetampere.com
Tribe Tampere is an entrepreneurial community (association), which helps startup communities and entrepreneurial organizations to collaborate at Tampere startup and entrepreneurial ecosystem. Tribe enables meaningful encounters by supporting and accelerating its member organizations, who have individual people, teams and companies as their members. Tribe is about empowering people to reach their limits and bringing startup mindset to Tampere. We are stronger together!
Tribe promotes information exchange and meetups across its member organizations and partners as a platform, provides collaborative space for entrepreneurial events and supports the best entrepreneurial communities and startup initiatives in the ecosystem. In order to do so, Tribe has built and operates P47 premises located at Pinninkatu 47, Tampere.
Everyone is welcome to join the action within Tribe: to meet new people, organise an event, join a entrepreneurial community, develop your talent and skills, get recruited by a startup company or create one of your own, make a social impact, and invest your time and money into a new beginning. Tribe empowers you to pursue your own ideas, whether it’s building an event, finding a startup team or reaching out for your personal dreams.
Tribe Tampere doesn’t have many own events, but we still organize some. As an event lead you would be responsible organizing a few mingling events for the spring. We already have all the event concepts ready for you, so you are not needed to invent them. Basically open community meetings. You will work with the other team of course.
In addition to events this position includes project support, basically enabling new projects to start. Listening to people’s ideas and organizing project nights, where people present their ideas and look for a team. Here you are working closely with Talent & volunteer lead.
Description of the attitude required
- Taking ownership of Tribe Tampere and feeling responsible for its future. Using it to make your own ambitions come true and as well as taking Tampere to new heights!
- Good communicative and collaborative team spirit – you are a people’s person
- Making everybody feel warmly welcome and guiding them into Tribe culture.
- Engaging people to meet each other and to take equally part into action.
- Listening to ideas, feedback and conversations
- Discussions and suggesting proactively developments based on them.
- In all communications, fostering the purpose, goals and codes of conduct of Tribe.
Obligatory skill and knowledge requirements
- Know-how about events and project management.
- Willingness to learn more
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Good Communication skills (good level of English)
- Understanding of Tampere entrepreneurial ecosystem (at least strong will to learn to understand it).
- Ability to develop the job further, open-mindedness and being active and self-organised
NOTE: This job is about strong passion to work with startups, startup-minded people and the ones interested in entrepreneurship. So, the entrepreneurial attitude is a must-have. If something has to be done, it has to be done, no matter of time expected to be consumed at the given moment.
Recommended other requirements
- Knowledge about catering services, and “eye for decoration”
- Hands-on experience from startup field and entrepreneurship
- International experience
- Driving licence in use for transportation
- Diversity is encouraged – and fully open-minded and entrepreneurial mindset which doesn’t look for any age, gender, orientation, nationality, ethnicity, background, etc!
Commitment that is needed
This position is an internship position. It doesn’t have a monetary payment, but it still have great benefits (see below).In order to get a good experience and contacts during the journey, around 10h/week commitment would be good. The selection process is made at the beginning February 2020. The duration of the position is till June 2020 (there is a possibility to continue).
What can we offer?
While working for Tribe Tampere, you are in the middle of the smartest, most experimentative, very transparent and one of the fastest-growing startup ecosystems in the Nordics!
You will be able work with passionate startup-minded people and get to know awesome entrepreneurial persons from Tampere, other Finnish cities and from international level. At the same time you are will be able to develop networks and projects to jump into new heights whatever you are pursuing for.
Y-portfolio credits opportunity: If you are studying, you will have a great chance to get 1-10 credits from this position and practical experience. More information on Y-portfolio from: https://www.y-kampus.fi/en/studies/y-portfolio/
[reference: Y-porfolio is 1-10 ECTS, 1 credit is 27 hours, Additional info: firstname.lastname@example.org]
Tribe Tampere is all about collaboration, and it is committed to make Tampere entrepreneurial communities and startup companies shine. This is your chance of a lifetime to be an integral part of a truly amazing change which will affect both Tampere and your life for years to follow!
Application period & method
The next deadline for the applications is on 27th of January 2020.
Apply by sending your free form application and CV to email@example.com
Should you have any question address them to Vesa-Matti.
+358 40 8372696